The Contextual Configuration Diff Utility feature provides the ability to perform a osgi config comparison between aem instances (accessible through http://host:port/system/console/status-Configurations.txt) and generate a list of the differences between them. The generated output includes information about the following items:
- Configuration changes with color coded that have been similar, added, modified, or deleted.
- Smart logic to pick config field to compare the factory configs which has dynamic id in each instances.
- Can override the Factory Mapping key used to compare Or define own key to consider for comparing factory config lists.
- Easy Filtering & Search Capability
- Client side implementation, Hence config is not transported over network.
- To validate the config changes at time of deployment of releases
- To Find the difference & an missing configuration that was not included in deployments.
- To Find the difference in behaviors between aem instance.
- For quick enabling of changes in various aem releases as well with service packs and hotfix.
- Copy the status-Configurations from aem instancee at http://host:port/system/console/status-Configurations.txt
- Find the difference using the tool